"the best Hiking Hotels of the alps" - a promise of quality
Here with us, you can look forward to unique mountain & nature experiences in one of the most beautiful hiking areas in all of the Alps. As diverse as the landscapes, so, too, are our 68 establishments, all of which are family run. In some cases, for generations. What unites us is our love for the mountains, our passion for hiking, and the challenge of making it possible for our guests to experience an adventurous, enjoyable and authentic hiking holiday, year after year, day after day.
Since 1995, we have been bundling our countless experiences and ideas, and have been working together to develop a spectrum of services that are necessary for a perfect hiking holiday. The results of our work can be seen in a top-quality program, one that guarantees first-class experiences and exceptional services at all member hotels.
In keeping with our "best alpine" promise, all of our hotels meet the following criteria:
- Best location: Our hotels lie in the middle of the most beautiful hiking regions in the Alps. Hiking paths begin right outside the front door.
- Alpine competence and experience: In each of our hotels, you will encounter passionate and experienced hiking experts, available to assist you in all questions related to planning your tours.
- Guided tours: 3-5 days a week, we offer you free guided tours with our mountain guides; from family hikes to carefully selected summit tours.
- Equipment service: At our hotels, you can borrow equipment such as hiking poles and rucksacks for free, depending on availability.
- Hiking Taxi: We will make transfer arrangements, even for your individual hikes, to trailheads in the region.
- Wellness: After your hikes, relax in the sauna or steam bath, or enjoy a massage or soothing bath - including herbs from the Alpine world.
- Enjoyable, healthy cuisine: We pamper you with culinary highlights from the region, delicious wholefoods and vegetarian specialties.
Your Hiking Hotel in Gastein
All of those quality criteria have been met by Aktivhotel Gasteiner Einkehr, which has been a member of the best hiking Hotels of the alps since 1998.
Similar to the "star" rating system for hotels, for hiking hotels it is "mountain crystals" that denote the quality of our members. The more crystals the hiking hotel receives, the more extensive its hiking offers and services are.
Aktivhotel Gasteiner Einkehr has been classified with 4 mountain crystals. This means that our guests can count on enjoying numerous conveniences aimed squarely at hikers:
At least four guided and well-organized hikes per week, equipment service, hiking taxi and outstanding assistance provided by your hosts, the Fankhauser family, who take care of all their guests with a sense of hospitality that comes from deep within their hearts.
Aktivhotel Gasteiner Einkehr has also been awarded the prestigious Austrian Hiking Seal of Quality. Our hotel was inspected and evaluated in 4 areas: accommodations, guest experiences, hiker assistance and service, receiving excellent ratings. We place particular focus on offering a program that is hospitable and oriented to the unique needs of hikers.