Summer holiday in Gastein in Salzburgerland
Be active in the mountains of Gastein
Being happy can be so easy - especially on a summer holiday in the Gastein Valley, which has a lot to offer for your holiday in the Salzburg region. Raised peaks, rushing mountain streams and untouched nature are the ingredients for your personal holiday happiness.
Our hotel is located in the heart of Dorfgastein and is the ideal starting point for all your holiday activities such as mountain biking, climbing, paragliding, golfing, tennis, mini golf, archery, horse riding or just to relax and enjoy the peace and quiet.
Activities around Gastein
Cycling and mountain biking in the beautiful Gastein Valley
- Suitable routes for every requirement (Mountainbike und Tourenkarte Gastein)
- Shop with bike rental right next to the hotel
- Safe, dry parking place for your bikes in our hotel
- E-bike stations in the Gastein Valley
- Family-friendly bike routes in the valley, ideal for leisure cyclists and families e.g. the Gastein cycle route
- Bicycle transport with the Fulseck cable car in Dorfgastein
- Several times a week guided bike tours to the Gastein pastures
The Alpe-Adria Rad Trail
The Alpe-Adria bike path (from Salzburg to Italy / Grado) is a popular bike tour and leads through the Gastein Valley. Take a break and enjoy the time at the Aktivhotel Gasteiner Einkehr on your way, recharge your batteries for the journey ahead and let us spoil you with culinary delights.
Paragliding & tandem flight in Gastein
High up - look over things and the Gastein Valley from a bird's eye view.
Fantastic thermal conditions await you as a paraglider or hang-glider in Gastein. You start directly from our hotel - with the lift you can comfortably get to the Fulseck, which offers every "flyer" no matter what skill level, good conditions for optimal pleasure flights.
Or you experience the feeling of freedom on a tandem paragliding flight, where no previous knowledge is required. Children from 6 years of age can sail through the air with FlyTandem.
Via ferrata routes in the Hohe Tauern region
Feel the mountains, reach your own limits - the Gastein Valley offers a diverse range for all climbing enthusiasts. There are six via ferratas on the Schlossalm Bad Hofgastein:
- Practice via ferrata - to gain your first experience
- Kleine Scharte – for the next step
- Mauskarspitze - moderately difficult
- Weitmoser - for experienced
- Hirschinger - incl. Flying Fox
- Hochalmblick - challenging, for professionals
Golf holiday in Gastein
Golfing in the Gastein Valley is a unique experience. The wonderful 18-hole course in Bad Gastein, just 15 minutes by car from our hotel, is picturesquely embedded in the Gastein Valley and surrounded by the mountain peaks of the Hohe Tauern. Enjoy the fantastic view and forget beat by beat the daily routine.
Well-groomed fairways and greens, slightly hilly fairways are a real challenge for beginners as well as for sporty golfers. In addition to an excellent golf school, the golf club offers golf taster sessions and numerous golf events.
Golf in Salzburgerland
In addition to the varied golf place in Bad Gastein, there are 12 other great golf courses with nine to 36 (!) Holes not farer than 50 kilometers from our hotel. Use the ideal location of the Aktivhotel Gasteiner Einkehr for further golf excursions:
- GC Goldegg 18-hole-course 14 km
- GC Zell am See 36-hole-course 23 km
- GC St. Johann/Pg. 18-hole-course 24 km
- GC Urslautal 18-hole-course 30 km
- GC Gut Brandlhof 18-hole-course 30 km
- Golfclub Radstadt 18-hole-course 45 km
And after an eventful round of golf, relax in our sauna area or let our masseuse spoil you with a beneficial mountain herb massage.
3-D-Archery course in Gastein
Here in Gastein, archers will also get their money's worth, because there are 3 hunting archery courses with different levels of difficulty. Face the challenge and hunt three-dimensional animal targets with your bow and arrow. Fun and excitement for the whole family is loved.