Your hiking hotel in Gastein Valley in Salzburger Land
Active vacations and hiking holidays in the Hohe Tauern mountains, Austria
Experience nature at its most beautiful: high meadows strewn with colorful alpine flowers, crystal-clear tarns and refreshing waterfalls. Alone, as a couple, with the whole family, or led by an expert guide.
Your hosts, the Fankhauser family, are themselves an avid "hiking family", and will be glad to share their personal suggestions with you to ensure that your hiking holiday will be unforgettably beautiful.
Aktivhotel Gasteiner EInkehr has been a member of "best alpine" Hiking Hotels since 1998, meeting a set of stringent quality criteria and offering a wide selection of special services for the enjoyment of guests, such as hiking poles, hiking rucksacks and hiking maps which they can borrow for free!
In summer, 3 to 4 days in the week our guests are offered guided hikes. You will have a wide range of choices, from easy to intermediate and even high-alpine expeditions, individually tailored to the wishes and stamina of guests themselves.
Our hiking guides are also hiking experts. They know the region, the mountains and nature in Salzburger Land to perfection. With them, you are in the absolute best of hands, don't need to plan routes for yourself, and therefore won't have to worry about a thing!
Also magical: the location of Aktivhotel Gasteiner Einkehr - in the middle of Hohe Tauern National Park and right next to Dorfgastein's mountain lifts, not only are you treated to magical views of Gastein Valley, the hotel serves as an ideal base for hikes. You can set out straight from the hotel, with any number of hiking opportunities right at your doorstep to choose from,
Join us: At the foot of the mountain, I felt so small and insignificant. I thought about the long path ahead of me, the many hours of walking uphill with a rucksack and hiking boots. But there were two of us. We encouraged each other, each one waiting for the other. Each of us was the first and last. We arrived practically at the same moment, tired and happy, a form of understanding that required no words. The encounter with the mountain brought us nearer. We were more relaxed, spontaneous, open - as if we had left a lot of our "baggage" back down in the valley; as if the path up the mountain was also the path to who we truly were as people.
All-round service at your hiking hotel in Gastein
- Hiking offers from May to October
- Certified hiking experts - member of "best alpine Hiking Hotels"
- 3 - 4 organized hikes per week with certified guides
- Hiking poles, rucksacks to borrow for free …
- Hiking room with boot warmers and washing facilities for boots
- Hiking shop in-house (for rucksacks, hiking poles…)
- Extensive hikers' info corner with regional hiking maps, detailed route descriptions and touring suggestions, hiking books and guide books to native plants
- Personal consultation about hiking and climbing routes, other sports (mountain biking, cycling, golf), bad-weather alternatives and excursions
- On request: pack lunches to take with you (charged extra)
- Feel-good massages to unwind completely after your hike
- Hosts who love hiking and the mountains